Sunday, March 29, 2009

Kennedy Garret (C. Kennedy.)

here is the second interviewee C. Kennedy!

where are you from?
I am from Atlanta, Georgia but I have always wanted to be born in Vermont, where my my Mom is from. I don't really know why.

how did you get interested in photography?
I have always admired my sisters photography for quite some time. It was just before Christmas when I started taking pictures with my sisters Cannon Rebel XTI. And I have been hooked ever since.

what is your most vivid dream?
Well if we are talking about childhood dreams, when I was 7 I had a dream that I was standing in a field of wheat (which is funny because I am allergic to it) and the sky was a perfect grey. The weather was nice, cool with a little breeze. And then I was floating on top of the wheat in my white wedding dress.


whats your favorite/ dream subject to shoot?
I don't really have many friends to take pictures of, and I can't drive, so I am stuck to self-portraits for now. But I am would love to shoot portraits of anyone. I also enjoy pictures of landscapes, food, and random things.

what do you try to express through your photographs?
I try my best to express my feeling a the moment of the photograph.


why do you adore photography?
My favorite thing about photography would have to be how personal it is. To viewers, a picture can just be a picture. But to the person who captured it, it is more. There is a story in every single picture, and I love trying to figure it out.

who have always been your favorite photographers?
Well my sister will always be my favorite. www.flickr.com/photos/kaliegarrett/
But Cary Ann Wayman's pictures are so lovely and inspiring www.flickr.com/photos/yyellowbird/
There are a lot of photographers out there that are my favorite, so it is hard to pin point one out.


what are you most inspired by?
What inspires me most? Woo that is hard, I would say my sister again. I want to impress her with everything I do. My family is a also in there too. I spend a lot of time in the house, so I should be sick of them by now. But they are the ones that keep me going.

how do you prepare for a shoot?
When an idea pops in my head I tend to write it down in my little notepad, but sometimes I just pick up the camera and get carried away. When I prepare for a shoot, I turn on some music that puts me in a mood I want to be in for the picture and attempt to make myself picture worthy. I get bored/lazy easily, so my shoots are no more than 10 minutes.


do you have any favorite music/books/movies?
My favorite songs are To Build A Home by The Cinematic Orchestra, Baby Sister by Damien Rice, and Hipippola by Sigur Ros. My favorite book ever is by far The Outsiders. And my favorite movies are Into The Wild, Blood Diamond, and Where The Heart Is.

who have you always dreamed of photographing?
I would love love love to photograph either the Olssen twins, Dakota Fanning, or Natalie Portman.


what is you absolute favorite picture of yours?
I love this one because it was a fun shoot and I hardly edited it www.flickr.com/photos/33510719@N05/3198091538/

And I like this one www.flickr.com/photos/33510719@N05/3291992818/in/set-72157611389680289/
I do not have a favorite, I am not yet pleased with my pictures.


is there anything else you want to say?
I want to say one thing: If you are reading this and are thinking about photography, try it. 'Photography's worst fear is self doubt'

Check out C. Kennedy's flickr stream here.

No comments:

Post a Comment